Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Post 30

Almost to the one month mark and I face my first challenges to regular posting: traveling and internet. No matter.
It was wonderful to be home for the holidays, and part of me did not want to come back. I'm always of two minds, it seems. It's hard to leave my family and friends but it's even harder to leave the will of God. I hold tightly to the truth that, "Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy." Psalm 126:5

Unfortunately, I left my ipad home and so I was unable to take advantage of free airport wifi to update my blog before my flight. Instead, I prepared a sermon that I was to deliver the the day I was to arrive, and went over some songs for the time of worship I would lead after. That was lovely, and though I did get a few weird looks from other passengers waiting for their flights, a few really cute kids made me smile by staring transfixed at my guitar while parents held them or watched over them.

My recent flight experiences have definitely proven to me that if God wants you somewhere, you'll get there. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Therefore, I am pleased to say that my flight back to Milan was rather uneventful. In fact, there was a jet stream of over 200 miles per hour, "pushing us towards Europe", as the pilot said. He was rather pleased, and riding that jet stream got us to Zurich more than an hour ahead of schedule. The spiritual symbolism here was certainly not lost on me. And now I am back to business as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment