Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Post 14

To My Future Husband

I will not make myself less for you
I am strong, dark, and beautiful, not but

match my strength
match my beauty
match my spirit

And desire that we become more than the sum of our parts. Be the man to my woman.

Encourage me and allow me to encourage you.
Correct in love and receive in humility,
that we both can keep our eyes upon Jesus.
Lead like a servant and I will serve you like a leader.

Do not hide yourself from me, but show me your heart. I will not hide myself from you but will instead show you my heart.

May we both be quick to love and forgive, and slow to anger. Placed before us is the greatest example of love: Christ and the Church. Let us endeavor, through the enabling power of the Holy Spirit, to mirror it.

No comments:

Post a Comment