Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Playground

I'm sitting on a playground bench eating chocolates and writing in a journal. I cast the occasional piercing, discerning glance about me. I like to think I make quite a picture, with the bright pink of my new blouse peeking through on this unfortunately dull and cloudy Spring afternoon.

I am painfully early for work.

Despite the chill in the air I sit on this not-so-freshly-painted green bench because I don't have any cash on hand. I won't have any until my lesson tonight, but I think I can survive without coffee and brioches until tomorrow.
This city often has a heaviness to it, and kind gestures are therefore especially appreciated on days like this. I want to be extra kind today.
I am reminding myself that this time is a gift.
Yes, this time is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment