Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Music, Ministry, Calling, and Clarity

From the title you more or less get an idea of what this post is about. Basically, I'm in a period where I desperately need clarity in how, where and when my calling of a music ministry is going to take place. Now, I don't need God to tell me the whole story, because then I wouldn't exactly be walking in faith (well, I would, but it'd be different, you know?), and then some of the fun of the journey would be taken out. What I just want to know is the next step. Which country, which city, how to procure documents for this place I've been called to, and how I should support myself/be supported financially. I am down to the wire, folks. For real.

Recently I had a dream in which it was felt pretty clearly that God was telling me to take good care of the music ministry given to me.This is the same dream in which I also received a huge barrel of gifts. Then, there were two occasions immediately following in which while I was leading worship, people started crying. And I mean crying. Ok. So God is using me. Excellent. Now, what should I do, exactly, to take care of this ministry? I received a word from God during worship this Sunday service, in which I was told to rise up and do the work He set before me. So yea, it's time for me to get proactive about this. But again, how?

I feel a bit like a whiny broken record that even I want to toss into a corner, but it's those whiny kids who eventually always get what they want, isn't it? I would love to be able to come to God about this like a well-ordered, organized adult, but honestly I feel like wiggling in frustrated immaturity, pouting my lip, furrowing my eyebrows, and releasing a squeally, utterly annoying, "waaaaaaaaaah". I cannot even fully articulate all of the questions I have right now...

Still, I am encouraged because "the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." Romans 8:25-27, NIV


I've been encouraged to pray these verses from Ephesians, asking for wisdom of revelatiom. The idea is to personalize the prayer, so you pray it for yourself. Then you can also pray it for others.
Ephesians 1:17-23

New Living Translation (NLT)
17 asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. 18 I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.
19 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.21 Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. 22 God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. 23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.

Ephesians 3:14-21
New Living Translation (NLT)
14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

I'll end this post with a Psalm that over the past weeks has already been a great encouragement to pray: Psalm 138

A psalm of David.

1 I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;
    I will sing your praises before the gods.
2 I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.
    I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed
    by all the honor of your name.
3 As soon as I pray, you answer me;
    you encourage me by giving me strength.
4 Every king in all the earth will thank you, Lord,
    for all of them will hear your words.
5 Yes, they will sing about the Lord’s ways,
    for the glory of the Lord is very great.
6 Though the Lord is great, he cares for the humble,
    but he keeps his distance from the proud.
7 Though I am surrounded by troubles,
    you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
You reach out your hand,
    and the power of your right hand saves me.
8 The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
    for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
    Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

NLT

* Bible passages retrieved from: biblegateway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment