Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Reflection on Kalisz

So, it's right around right around this point that I some final reflections about my time in Kalisz this year. There will likely be more posts about specific moments in Poland, but I'm feeling a bit more meta-narrative today.

Last year I went through the gamut of healing, it seemed. I let go of a lot of hurt and anger I didn't even realize I was holding on to. This year, with the lens no longer focused inward, I could begin to look around and think of being a blessing to others.

It hasn't been very long since my eyes were opened to the prophetic within me and I asked God for more gifting in this area. It would seem God decided to use Kalisz as a training ground.

For session after session I drew small prophetic pictures for different groups in the pages of my journal. I even briefly reflected on how the remaining frayed bits of paper made me feel when I looked at them.

 
The pages ripped from my journal remind me that I'm not alone on this journey.
 I am reminded of the connections between us. Us, this big, beautiful body of Christ.
A bride.                                                                                                                    
 
 
It was so exciting to engage with God this way and to begin to see a larger, even more beautiful portrait of His bride. When I'm moved prophetically it's often in images, and each image I see is like looking at a piece of God's heart revealed.
 
This week I saw more pieces and caught a bigger vision for how they all fit together. I understood more the importance of building others up in their faith. At the end of the day, that is the point of every person's unique combination of personality and gifting. Wherever you are, this is your potential 'building up' place. Who can you encourage today?
 
I see the students I encounter and my heart is moved for them. My colleagues, people on the bus, the bus driver. Everyone! I don't want to miss my moments: those divine appointments God set up for me because He just knew I would be the right person to reach someone else. I am reminded of three words my ministry partner has taught me: Look, Listen, Love.
 
It seems only fitting that at the beginning of my own faith journey the same words would ring true, and lessons learned and to be learned would be mirrored.

No comments:

Post a Comment